Exams are almost over and families are getting ready to disperse to cooler climes to get some respite from the soaring heat of the summers. India is truly a diverse country with diverse cultures, traditions and climates. There are numerous tourist spots all over the country. So when there are plenty of choices to getaway in India, why would tourists venture out of the country? Check out some of the favourable summer destinations in India you can head to:-
• Cherrapunji in Meghalaya is one of the tourist destinations in India where it buzzes with tourists all the year round and where there is no off-season. Mawsmai Falls, Mawdok Dympep Valley, Krem Mawmluh Cave are some tourist attractions that never cease to amaze the visitors.
• Coorg is an ideal vacation spot for nature lovers. Besides enjoying the abundant flora and fauna, tourists can also visit Iruppu Falls, Mallalli Falls, Nagarhole Park, Dubare Elephant Camp.
• Darjeeling – A quaint hill station where tourists can get close to nature and bask in its mystical ambience. Toy train ride forms the major part of tourist attraction. National parks, tea estates, lakes etc. are other tourist attractions in Darjeeling that visitors may enjoy.
• Horsely Hills in Andhra Pradesh has a natural setting which makes it a great place to relax and rejuvenate. Horsely Hills Museum, High View, Gaalibanda are some sights worth exploring.
• Kadmat Island in Lakshadweep is the ideal summer destination for someone looking for beaches and sand to relax and have fun. Also popularly called Cardamom Islands, tourists can indulge in deep fish diving, sailing, water sports etc. Marine animals and limestones can be spotted here too.
• McLeod Ganj in Himachal Pradesh is a beautiful and scenic hill station that is frequented by visitors mainly in the summer season. Visiting monasteries and indulging in jewelery and handicrafts shopping forms the main interest of this place. Tourists can also visit Dharamshala, while they are here. McLeod Ganj is a great place to relax and enjoy summer vacations.
• Nubra Valley in Ladakh is popularly known as Orchard of Ladakh. Tourists will have to procure a permit to get to this scenic valley which can be reached by passing Khardung La Pass. Hunder and Panamik are the main tourist destinations here. Hunder is best known for double humped camel safaris and sand dunes. Panamik is renowned for monastery and sulphur springs.
• Rishikesh is situated in the state of Uttarakhand. From here tourists can visit Delhi, Dehradun and host of other places. This place has religious significance – this is the starting point for ‘Char Dham Yatra’. A plethora of activities like kayaking, trekking, rock climbing are offered to the tourists.
• Shillong has been a major British settlement and this influence can be seen in the architecture and food habits of the place. Winding hills dotted by pine trees and picturesque waterfalls enhance the beauty of Shillong. Visiting Shillong Peak, Lady Hydari Park, Umiam Lake, Sweet Falls etc. are worth it.
• Tawang is one of the most sought after summer destinations in India. Tawang is located in Arunachal Pradesh and is one of the least populated places in India. Home to Monpa, who originally belonged to Monyul or Lhomon kingdom, Tawang has beautiful monasteries, which are a source of attraction for the tourists. Tsachu hot spring, Nuranang Falls, Geshila Park, Banga Jang Lake etc. are some other tourist attractions of Tawang.
Make the necessary reservations, pack your bag and get set to head to a summery destination of your choice.