One of the main attractions of Easter is decorating the Easter eggs, a tradition that is been in existence since the 13th century. Easter or Paschal eggs marks the celebration of Easter and spring. Easter eggs, bunnies and lilies are considered as symbols of rebirth and renewal, therefore these are often given away during Easter time. Although it is easier to find Easter eggs that have already been decorated, some families still follow the ritual of decorating the eggs with a paint and dye. Here are some ways to decorate the Easter eggs and make the celebration even more eventful and meaningful:-
• Polka dots are one of the favourites of young children especially girls. Hunt for circular stickers that can go round the egg. Douse the egg in a layer of paint and make polka dots with a fine brush.
• Stripe is another favourite design. So apply a base paint to colour the surface of the egg. Use a fine art brush to complete the detailing with horizontal or vertical stripes.
• A marbled effect makes the egg look more attractive. To get a marbled effect, submerge the eggs in a coat of paint and after it has dried, use a contrasting shade. Marbled effect is elegant to look at and come with a glossy shine.
• Neon colours are in vogue. To give a totally different look, use the popular dip-dye method to adorn the egg in bright neon colours.
• If you do not like bright colours, how about pastel shades then? Pastel shades are lighter but can be enhanced with hand-painted designs.
• Want to be a little more creative? Move away from the usual dip-dye method and try the glitter effect. Glitter powders come in an array of colours that can be mixed and matched to create a unique shade. Brush craft glue on the egg and dip it well into the powdered glitter shade of your choice.
• Girls can get crafty with beads and sequins. Once the eggs are blown dry with a base paint, use hot glue to decorate the eggs with pretty beads and sequins of your choice. You have a totally new and bejewelled Easter egg ready.
• Try something new. How about some abstract work of art? Using different paint styles and strokes, give your Easter egg a completely new look from the rest. Create a hypnotic eggs decorated with checks and dots.
• If your child is great at knitting, how about utilizing her talent to good use? Crochet egg pouches or knit covers make interesting decorations. Likewise tiny hoodies or bonnets can be made to don the Easter eggs. Try using colourful yarn to decorate the eggs.
• Think out of the box and allow your creative juices and ideas to take over. Musical notes, feathers, laces are some decoration elements that one can use. Using cake icing on chocolate eggs is another fabulous idea. Create rolled flowers and leaves using paper to adorn the Easter egg.
• Beautify the Easter eggs with some great artistic ideas. Either weave a story around the egg and paint it accordingly, or use leaves, petals and even vegetables dipped in print to embellish the eggs for a stunning effect.
No matter whichever idea you choose, you will have a beautifully decorated Easter egg laid down on the table for Easter.